The College Nurse is Kate Tempest.
During term time she is in College Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9.45-11.45.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-14:30
Her surgery is at the bottom of Staircase 12.
Telephone: 01865 (2)77883
Or leave a message in the lodge
Email advice given during term-time
Have a look at the College Nurse’s Medical Information for International Students.
Also have a look at the Nurse's advice about Sleeping.
Dr Leaver & Partners, Jericho Health Centre, New Radcliffe House, Walton Street, OX2 6NW, (01865) 311234.
The members of the practice most likely to see you are Dr Joanna Lambert, Dr Laurence Leaver, Dr Mark O'Shea or Dr Shahzadi.
In the case of a dental emergency advice can first be sought from the College Nurse.
In addition, Studental (01865 689997) is an NHS service for all students in Oxford. It is based at Oxford Brookes, Headington Hill Campus. It is a friendly and efficient service, which will accommodate urgent appointments within 24-48 hours, as well as routine appointments. The initial fee is £20.60 for an examination.
Have a look at the College Nurse's dental advice leaflet.
University Health and Welfare Provision:
The Health and Welfare section of the University's Student Gateway provides students with University information on:
- Health - Details on registering with health professionals, medical emergencies, occupational health and an A-Z of health advice pages on common topics;
- Disability Advisory Service - Guidance on study support including funding, special examination arrangements and fact sheets on specific disabilities;
- Counselling Service - Comprehensive new range of pages outlining the support available to students in the form of individual and group counselling, workshops and self-help resources plus additional pages offering advice for those supporting students such as University & college staff, parents, other students and GPs & health professionals;
- Student-led support - Information on the Peer Support scheme, OUSU Student Advice Service and Nightline;
- Equality & Diversity - Introduction and links to the Equality and Diversity Unit website and an outline of the role it plays in ensuring no student will be treated less favourably on the grounds of age, gender, race, religion & belief and sexual orientation;
- Childcare Services - Useful links to services and support available for student parents.