Organ2015The organ was originally built by Peter Collins in 1973 along classical lines and is housed within the splendid free-standing baroque-fantasy case constructed in 1892 by Thomas Jackson on the 17th century screen which separates the chapel from the antechapel.

In 2001/2002 the organ was rebuilt by Richard Bower who altered the internal layout, installed a new console, and provided a new action. The ‘open-foot' voicing was carefully regulated and three new stops were provided. The organ is naturally suited to eighteenth-century music but it is still possible to fill the Chapel with the sounds of Widor's sixth symphony!

Case: 1892      Sir Thomas Graham Jackson
Great above console in S. Tower, Swell in N. Tower, Pedal between

Organ specification:

 

Pedal

Key action Tr  Stop action El  

            

1

Subbass

16

 

            

2

Gedackt

8

 

            

3

Spitzoctave

4

 

            

4

Fagot

16

 

            

5

Trumpet

8

 
         

Great

 

            

6

Principal

8

 

            

7

Rohrflute

8

 

            

8

Octave

4

 

            

9

Spitzflute

4

 

            

10

Octave

2

 

            

11

Mixture

IV

 

            

12

Trumpet

8

2001

            

13

Tremulant

   
         

Swell

 

            

14

Gamba

8

TC, 2001

            

15

Wood Gedackt

8

 

            

16

Principal

4

 

            

17

Rohrflute

4

 

            

18

Nazard

2 2/3

OrgB Rohr Nazard

            

19

Gemshorn

2

 

            

20

Tierce

1 3/5

 

            

21

Mixture

III-IV

2001

            

22

Oboe

8

 

            

23

Tremulant

   

Console

Console type  attached   Stop type  Drawstop   Pedalboard  straight concave  

keys faced with synthetic ivory & ebony; console on south face of case;
flat jambs;

Couplers

Swell to Pedal

Swell to Great

Great to Pedal

Accessories

10 general pistons
4 pistons each to Swell and Great
2 levels of memory