Brasenose welcomes visitors, both prospective students, alumni and members of the public.
Information for Prospective Students
Prospective students should report to the Lodge at the main gate anytime 9am-5pm and will not have to pay any entrance charge. Please see the Schools Liaison section for further guidance on the admissions process. The Admissions office can be contacted on 01865 277510 or [email protected].
Information for Tourists and Tour Groups
For information or to book a visit, the Lodge Manager can be contacted via [email protected].
Guided tours by travel companies and public visitors are very welcome and the opening times are:-
- Monday to Friday: 1000-1130 and 1400-1630
- Saturday and Sunday 1300-1630
- Only tour companies that are registered with the College, can book in advance, this may be subject to change. The dates and timings can only be confirmed a maximum of 7 days before the tour, depending on events in the College.
-A tour group can be a maximum of 20 people plus one tour guide.
- Only one group allowed into the College at any one time.
- Groups allowed to walk around the Old quad, Hall, Deer park and the Chapel.
- Individual tourists can be allowed in at the discretion of the duty porter, with a small donation to the College.
- The College reserves the right to close at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.
Visitors should report to the Lodge at the main gate where they will receive a map and information about the College.
Information for Alumni
Alumni are always welcome back to College during visiting hours - between 9am to 5pm during the Summer months and 9am to 4.30pm during the Winter. Ideally, let the Development Office know if you'd like to visit by emailing [email protected] or calling (+44)01865 287275, and we will let the Lodge know to expect you. If you are passing through and have not made us aware of your visit, please report to the Lodge, clearly identify yourself as an alumus/a, and show your alumni card if you have one. If you do not have an alumni card, please be aware that you may be asked some questions to confirm you are a graduate of Brasenose, as we take security very seriously. Please be advised that access to the Hall may not be given during lunch time (12 - 2pm). Visits to the College Library are by appointment only. Please ensure you contact us in advance if you wish to visit with a small group.
For exact opening times and further information contact the Lodge at 01865 277830.
See further information on getting to Brasenose_College.
You can also view a birds-eye map of Brasenose College main site