Information for Brasenose applicants in 2018-19 UCAS cycle
Thank you for submitting an application to Brasenose College! The information below is for candidates that have applied by the 15th October 2018 deadline for entry in 2019 or 2020.
Communication of decisions
Brasenose will communicate final decisions to shortlisted candidates on Wednesday 9th January 2019. UCAS Track should update in the morning, and all candidates will receive a letter in hard copy. These letters are posted on Tuesday 8th January 2019 to arrive on or shortly after 9th January. Candidates based outside the UK will also receive an email with an electronic copy of their decision letter attached on January 9th.
For more information on communication of decisions, please see the University website: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/guide/decisions.
All shortlisting decisions have now been communicated:
- Fine Art shortlisting decisions were sent on Tuesday 13th November at around 5:00pm
- Biochemistry shortlisting decisions were sent on Wednesday 14th November at around 11:30am
- Biology shortlisting decisions were sent on Wednesday 14th November at around 2:30pm
- Law (including with Law Studies in Europe) shortlisting decisions were sent on Monday 19th November at around 3:00pm
- PPE shortlisting decisions were sent on Wednesday 21st November at around 5:30pm
- EP and PPL shortlisting decisions were sent on Wednesday 21st November at around 6:10pm
- History and all Joint Schools except Modern Languages shortlisting decisions were sent on Thursday 22nd November at around 11:50am
- E&M shortlisting decisions were sent on Thursday 22nd November at around 2:05pm
- Mathematics, including with Philosophy/Statistics, shortlisting decisions were sent on Thursday 22nd November at around 8:10pm
- English Language and Literature shortlisting decisions were sent on Thursday 22nd November at around 9:00pm
- All Modern Languages courses shortlisting decisions were sent on Friday 23rd November at around 5:00pm
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History shortlisting decisions were sent on Friday 23rd November at around 7:20pm
- Classics (both I and II), including with Oriental Studies or English, shortlisting decisions were sent on Friday 23rd November at around 7:25pm
- Chemistry decisions were sent on Monday 26th November at around 5:30pm
- Engineering shortlisting decisions were sent on Tuesday 27th November at around 10:30am
- Medicine interview invitations were sent on Tuesday 27th November at around 12:30pm
- Geography shortlisting decisions were sent on Tuesday 27th November at around 2:30pm
- Physics (including with Philosophy) shortlisting decisions were sent on Tuesday 27th November at around 3:10pm
If you have declared a disability on your application we should have already contacted you to ask for further information regarding this. In particular we will need to know if there are any special arrangements or support that would help you, so that we can make an appropriate, reasonable arrangements for you in good time, if you are invited to interview. If you have a disability that you have not already disclosed on your UCAS application, please let us know.
Mentioning your disability or Specific Learning Difficulty will not affect your application, as admissions decisions are made solely on the basis of academic criteria. Information provided may be shared with colleagues in the college (and University more widely) who would be involved with making any required arrangements. Please refer to www.ox.ac.uk/swd for further information on sources of support for students with disabilities.
UCAS Declaration and contact details
Candidates are reminded of the declaration they made on their UCAS application that the information provided is true, complete and accurate and no information has been omitted. If any details have been missed or entered incorrectly please contact the Admissions Office immediately at [email protected].
Applicants are reminded that further, unsolicited testimonials additional to the reference on the UCAS form cannot be considered. Any amendments to the UCAS reference must be submitted by the UCAS referee and will be considered at the discretion of the selectors.
If you need to change any of your contact details you can do so in UCAS directly, but we would also ask you to confirm this with the Admissions Office by sending an email to [email protected] to ensure we have up-to-date contact details for you.
Contacting your school/referee
The College will not communicate decisions or feedback to your school or referee at the end of the admissions process without your express permission. Should your school or referee wish to discuss your application with us they should seek your permission to do this, and you can provide this permission by sending us an email. The College may, however, contact your referee without explicitly seeking your consent if information is missing from your UCAS application (such as grade predictions, or other information relating to your qualifications).
Contacting the Admissions Office
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the College’s Admissions Office on 01865 277510 or [email protected]. Please ensure you contact us using the email address given in your UCAS application, and include your UCAS Personal ID in the subject of your email. Note that we are unable to communicate shortlisting decisions or otherwise discuss the outcome of applications over the phone.